About the Company:
UrsaNav is an innovative provider of RF Transmitter systems and equipment for a variety of applications including Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT). We design and manufacture cutting-edge PNT equipment that is trusted by customers around the world.
About the Position:
We are seeking a Technical Writer/Process Documentation specialist with 5 or more years of experience in technical writing, preferably in a hardware/soware related manufacturing organization. Thisrolerequiresahighleveloftechnicalaptitudeandtheabilitytoturn technical concepts into clear and concise documentation such as installation, operating and maintenance manuals, program documents, and other technical documentation as needed.
This is a position which requires someone who can operate in an agile environment as you join a team in the process of scaling up operations, engineering, and manufacturing. You will have the opportunity to be part of the companyʼs rapid growth. The ability to support and work on multiple related projects at the same time is advantageous.
This position is based in our Billerica MA office with the option for a hybrid schedule when applicable and will report to the Senior Program Manager in close coordination with other functionals (engineering, IT and Manufacturing). Additional duties will include support for the engineering teams in validating test procedures and developing graphical and written content for the full array of documents required in performance of contracts.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and work instructions for our eLoran products that meet all stakeholder requirements.
- Creating Program documentation including design documents, user manuals with assistance from engineers. User manuals include operating instructions, troubleshooting guides, bills of materials, and spare parts lists.
- Develop a deep understanding of product functions to communicate user instructions.
- Drive documentation practices and controls for the organization. Assist in the development of standard practices and rituals to enhance organizational performance.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with subject matter experts in Program/Product Management, Engineering, production, Marketing, Operations, and training.
- Work as part of a highly collaborative product development team to execute our vision for product/feature documentation and strategies to improve existing technical content.
- Evaluate impact of engineering change notices on existing technical documentation or need for new documentation that addresses certain product functions and/or specifications.
- Use standardized templates for functional requirements documents, technical architecture documentation, process flows, and design specifications.
- Extrapolating process and procedure information from subject matter expert interviews to create articulate and compliant deliverables and documentation.
- Edit final documents including those prepared by other team members based on review comments to confirm that format, spelling, grammar, punctuation, style and reading comprehension level are in accordance with published standards.
- Properly file all documentation to be used by other departments.
- Assist Program Managers as needed with general administration tasks.
- Assist Program Managers and Engineers in developing training material (Operations/Maintenance manuals and briefings).
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, technical communication, or professional writing with strong technical aptitude and experience; or a degree in Engineering, Technical Communications and related job or military experience.
- Background in technology fields such as engineering, production, and design
- Proven ability to write clear and engaging technical content enhanced with technical illustrations, graphics, or flow diagrams.
- Analytical skills with the ability to break a process into simple steps.
- Ability to produce high-quality work on schedule while managing multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills able to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Ability to assemble and disassemble mechanical components and document processes.
- Demonstrate proficient in Microso Office Suite, Adobe Suite; familiarity with GitHub and/or Atlassian Suite
- Hands-on ability to work in a small business environment.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand technical subject matter.
- Possess a Can-do positive attitude.
- Good sense of humor.
- Persistent; receives satisfaction from solving problems.
- Strong curiosity and desire to learn new things.
- Highly organized.
- Enjoys process improvement and making things more efficient.