About the Company:
UrsaNav is an innovative provider of RF Transmitter systems and equipment for a variety of applications including Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT). We design and manufacture cutting-edge PNT equipment that is trusted by customers around the world.
About the Position:
We are seeking a Lead Software Developer with 5 or more years of experience in the design and development of Windows and Linux (including embedded) applications for our precision timing control hardware used in UrsaNav’s PNT systems. This position will cover all aspects of software development and deployment such as specification, design, security, customer feedback and issue management, on-going maintenance, and integration within Ursa Nav’s software-based infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have experience working directly with key stakeholders to architect, develop, deploy, and maintain software for use by external customers and our internal engineering team. Experience with GUI development is required along with languages such as C++, C#, Java and associated tools such as VS/VSC. Additionally, any experience in deploying and maintaining software-based infrastructure for code management using GitHub, or similar tools, is highly desired. The ability to support and work on multiple software projects at the same time is advantageous.
This position is based in our Billerica MA office with the option for a hybrid schedule when applicable and will report into the Engineering and Manufacturing organization. Additional duties will include support for the engineering teams including the research team, product development and test engineering functions.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering with 5+ years’ experience / MS with 4+ years’ experience.
- Experience as software developer that can create scalable software as well as test, fix bugs and maintain the software.
- Knowledge of languages such as C, C++, C#, Java, Python etc.
- Use of GitHub (GitHub enterprise) for code review, version control and issue tracking.
- Knowledge of tools such as JIRA for project planning and task management.
- Write technical documentation for internal teams and external customers.
- Create and implement security policy and manage data protection requirements.
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, cloud services such as AWS and Azure is desirable.
Please submit your resume and your expression of interest to apply for this position.