About the Company:
UrsaNav is an innovative provider of RF Transmitter systems and equipment for a variety of applications including Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT). We design and manufacture cutting-edge PNT equipment that is trusted by customers around the world.
About the Position:
We are seeking a Senior Electronic Engineer with 3 or more years of experience in the design and development of analog and digital circuits such as AC/DC and DC/DC power supplies, digital control circuits and FPGAs, DSP/ARM and transceiver ICs including RS232 as well as timing and frequency generation and PLLs to work on our precision timing control hardware for UrsaNav’s PNTsystems.
The ideal candidate will have experience using Altium for schematic capture, PCB layout, revision control and other related tools such as for BOM management. The ability to design robust HW that can operate in harsh environments is desired along with a DFM approach. Presentation and participation in design reviews during new product development is required as well as the ability to work with PCB manufacturing and assembly partners during new product development and production ramp-up.
This position is based in our Billerica MA office with the option for a hybrid schedule when applicable and will report into the Engineering and Manufacturing organization. Day to day responsibilities will include working as part of our research and development team to design and update PCBs and associated items in our sub-system components, as well innovate around our current products to improve performance and reliability. Additional duties will include working with the field service team to resolve issues and implement new features, supporting test engineering as needed to help develop production test and working with software development engineers.
- B.S or M.S in EE with 3-5 years of RF, mixed signal circuit design and PCB layout experience.
- Capable of analyzing circuits with AC/DC, DC/DC power supplies and mixed signal designs that incorporate FPGAs and DSP/ARM processors.
- Familiar with receiver design and mitigation of noise and design for EMI compliance
- Knowledge of Altium and experience with other CAD tools and conversion to Altium is desirable
- Experience with Xlinix FPGA (Spartan 6 and Artic 7 series) is a plus.
- Experience of PCB design/layout for RF applications.
- Experience in debugging and testing printed circuit boards for DACs/ADCs, noise-sensitive analog circuits, and digital electronics such as FPGAs and DSP/ARM boards.
- Knowledge of precision timing circuit design or GPS based systems is a plus.
- Management of PCB vendors and assembly houses from prototype to production is desirable.
Please submit your resume and your expression of interest to apply for this position.